Internship Requirements and Advisory Notice:
When filling out the application, please be as specific, accurate and thorough as possible.
• Internship Requirements
1. This is not a paid position.
2. Minimum service period of three weeks. Dates will be arranged to coordinate with LiveBeyond mission week schedules.
3. Intern travel schedules must be carefully coordinated with LiveBeyond staff prior to purchase of airline tickets.
4. Internship expense is $1,150 for the first seven days of service and a $30 daily fee thereafter. Funding must be received by the LiveBeyond staff in Nashville no less than three weeks prior to internship start date. Airfare is to be purchased by each individual.
5. The LiveBeyond Base in Thomazeau, Haiti is very remote. All personnel must be able to be satisfied with extremely limited social activities.
6. The LiveBeyond Code of Conduct is strictly enforced for all members of the LiveBeyond team. Violators will be sent home at their own expense.
7. Transportation for interns will be provided between the Port-au-Prince airport and the LiveBeyond Base at arrival and departure times. No other transportation should be expected.
8. Within seven days of submitting your application, the LiveBeyond office must receive a written recommendation from your pastor or spiritual mentor. Please email all recommendation letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Regular office hours in the Nashville office are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Internship hours must fall within those hours. Schedules must be carefully coordinated with LiveBeyond staff prior to final decision of internship acceptance.
3. Within seven days of submitting your application, the LiveBeyond office must receive a written recommendation from your pastor or spiritual mentor. Please email all recommendation letters to email@example.com.
LiveBeyond international internships are not suitable for all individuals.
Volunteers must adhere to our strict expectations and code of conduct when serving with us. Before applying up for a mission trip, we ask that you prayerfully consider your physical, spiritual and emotional health, along with the below factors.
1. We strive to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and expand the Kingdom of God through all of our work.
2. All volunteers will be expected to participate in morning devotionals and evening worship times, along with times of prayer and intercession during our medical clinics and community home visits. Only individuals willing to participate in these activities should serve on a LiveBeyond mission.
3. Haiti is inherently dangerous and is not for the faint of heart. The safety of team members cannot be assured. Haiti is a developing nation, and there are no guarantees involved with traveling to and serving in this country. Health risks abound, and all volunteers are responsible for their own health. We advise you to see a physician to ensure that you are cleared to work in extreme conditions.
4. All team internships will stay at the LiveBeyond Guest House.
There is no air-conditioning, hot water or Wi-Fi available for volunteers. In addition, we cannot accommodate any food allergies or special dietary requirements due to limited resources and the large size of our mission teams.
5. The weather in Haiti is extremely hot and humid, and terrain conditions can be harsh. Throughout the trip, we will drive to communities throughout the Thomazeau region. Pick-up trucks are our primary method of transportation, so you will likely be riding in the back of the truck throughout the week. Roads in Haiti are winding, bumpy, and can be especially hard on those who suffer from motion sickness.
All interns must sign and complete LiveBeyond's Code of Conduct and Liability Waiver before interning with LiveBeyond. View and download documents at livebeyond.org/trip-forms.